Our client is a full-service financial institution providing its members with complete financial services including personal banking, wealth management, and commercial banking services. Operating throughout Ontario, our client believes in offering a different kind of banking experience than traditional banks and cares about adding value to its members and their communities.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Vice President of Operations will oversee those operations of the Credit Union that support the business units, ensuring the development and implementation of efficient back-office operations and cost-effective IT systems to meet the current and future needs of the organization.
- Provides oversight, maintains best practices, and ensures the effectiveness of the company’s back-office production processes including clearings, balancing of internal accounts, investigations, and reconciliations.
- Oversees the application of credit union policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and Ontario regulations regarding financial institutions.
- Oversees all Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing compliance and employee training. Reports to the Audit/Risk Committee as prescribed in the AML/TF Board Policy.
- Ensures the effectiveness and productivity of deposit broker operations.
- Oversees operational requirements at the branch level and works with branch management staff to provide up-to-date procedures, forms, coaching, and training.
- Maintains adequate insurance against errors, physical damage, and cyber incidents.
- Ensures that the company has sufficient resources for effective fraud mitigation.
- Collaborates with the CEO and the executive management team in planning corporate growth, and developing and executing strategic and business plans.
- Develops, enhances, and maintains all management policies for the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Works with the CEO in identifying and evaluating cost-effective solutions which increase efficiencies in new programs or products, and evaluating products and services.
- Oversees biennial updates and presents to the Board for its approval, the Information Technology strategy of the Credit Union.
- Maintains the IT Disaster Recovery Policy and our client’s Business Continuity Plan.
- Determines requirements for technology and ensures these are incorporated into our client’s business plan and budget planning process.
- Identifies and maintains relationships with 3rd party IT vendors and partners.
- Updates and maintains IT Risk Board policy for consideration by the Board.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Minimum: Post Secondary Degree in Business, Finance, or Engineering. An MBA or other graduate degree is considered an asset.
- 10-15 years experience in operations, compliance, and/or risk management at a Canadian Financial Institution.
- Strong expertise in policy and procedure development, including internal controls.
- In-depth knowledge of financial institution operations including strategic planning and asset/liability management.
- Experience managing a high-performing team, with a focus on leadership and coaching.
- Ability to write meaningful reports and clearly present findings to the CEO and the Board.
- In-depth knowledge of AML laws and regulations, with the ability to apply best industry practices
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common Credit Union and finance journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond orally and in writing to common inquiries or complaints from within the organization as well as externally, e.g. regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively represent the credit union while presenting information to executive management, public groups, and boards of directors with polish and poise, including when under pressure.
- Possess strong leadership skills, technical skills, analytical and critical thinking skills, project management, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, with the Board of Directors, and externally.
- Proven people management skills, with a strong ability to effectively lead diverse teams through the use of development training, coaching, and ongoing performance management.
- Solid experience and proven record in working closely with senior management across lines of business within a wealth environment, along with conceptual and critical thinking.
- Must be able to work independently toward general results and collaborate as part of a team
- Exceptional oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive workforce by creating an environment where everyone feels like they belong and has the opportunity to be successful.
On behalf of our client, we welcome all applicants to join its diverse workforce and we encourage you to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org should you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Our client has implemented a COVID-19 vaccination policy, requiring all employees, including new hires, to be fully vaccinated. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Company will provide suitable accommodation, whenever possible, to individuals who cannot be vaccinated due to disability or other grounds protected by the Code.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com