Reporting directly to the Site Superintendent, the Assistant Site Superintendent is responsible for assisting with various aspects of project management on worksites, including aiding to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations, timelines and safety codes:
General Duties & Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Aid in overseeing construction site(s) to ensure compliance with design, project specifications, regulations and safety codes.
- Plan, implement and monitor construction plans alongside the Site Superintendent and Construction Project Manager.
- Assist with estimates and budget development for projects.
- Aid in the management of construction site start-up.
- Ensure all required permits are obtained.
- Ensure that safe work practices and procedures are being followed onsite at all times.
- Aid in the coordination and direction of all construction workers on worksites.
- Ensure accurate and timely project close date; help to adjust working schedules to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work alongside the Site Superintendent and Construction Project Manager to resolve any constructional issues that may arise.
- Help the Site Superintendent with jobsite administration duties.
- Ensure proper materials and quantities of materials are onsite prior to daily work commencing.
- Participate in project meetings with internal and external parties to monitor and report on progression of building.
- Supervise, direct, coach, train, and mentor the site workers.
- Aid workers on site whenever required.
- Assist with the development, monitoring and overseeing of quality control measures on worksites.
- Ensure building inspections are completed periodically throughout the construction phases to ensure buildings meet specifications of clients.
- Any other duties as required.
- Post-secondary school degree or diploma in a construction related area of study preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of on-site construction experience with previous experience acting as a Foreman and/or Assistant Superintendent.
- A solid understanding of all residential construction trades and construction techniques.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
- Knowledge of local, provincial and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation in relation to the construction industry, specifically residential construction.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
- Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Dedication to health and safety in the workplace.
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract.
- Knowledge of OH&S regulations and related residential building codes.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
- Demonstrated reputation for acting with a high level of integrity at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide official documentation confirming receipt of two (2) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as recognized for use in Canada, prior to starting employment. Continued employment will be conditional on receiving, and providing confirmation of, any additional “booster” vaccine doses, as recommended by the Ministry of Health & Provincial Health Officer. Exceptions based on medical, religious or other valid grounds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- If you don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply, as we’re still eager to meet individuals who are aligned with our core values and can contribute in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. We are all about the Team, and we take pride in providing a work environment where people grow, evolve, and feel appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org