Reporting to the Senior Manager, Construction & Operations, this position is responsible for assisting the Site Superintendents on day-to-day activities on active construction sites and is located at head office in downtown Vancouver.
- Assist the Site Superintendents with the day-today activities of an active construction site.
- Maintain daily construction log in conjunction with Site Superintendent(s).
- Prepare and maintain communications and documentation with construction subtrades.
- Obtain, organize, and maintain construction documents.
- Place orders in a timely manner to maintain inventory of required building materials.
- Assist in coordination of incoming and outgoing shipments of building materials.
- Maintain constant communication and contact with clients throughout their project.
- Organize and manage subtrades throughout the project, order materials and ensure we are meeting our timelines.
- Provide daily work orders with instructions to all team members.
- Ensure all paperwork associated with the projects are filled out daily and properly.
- Uphold and adhere to the company policies including maintenance of a clean and safe work environment.
- General clerical duties such as filing etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Education: Diploma in civil, environmental, geotechnical, or similar programs or post-Secondary education in construction management or related field
- Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in high rise construction. Experience of record keeping, and estimating would be an asset. Scheduling, cost control and contract management experience.
- Highly organized and able to process large volumes of information.
- Must be able to handle last minute changes and adapt with ease as our business is based on an emergency basis.
- Strong commitment to safety in a construction site.
- Ability to work in time-sensitive and high-pressure environment while maintaining a high level of quality.
- Highly motivated with an ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- Possess good communication skills and a friendly, pleasant manner.
- Flexible, can-do attitude.
- Must possess a valid driver license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Computer Skills: Familiarity with construction management software packages. Strong Microsoft Office. Bluebeam and MS Project an asset.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com