The Residential Manager is a live-in building caretaker responsible for the general upkeep of the building, renting suites, coordination of move-in/outs and maintaining positive relationships with the tenants. This position requires a strong work ethic, a high level of professionalism, excellent organization, and communication skills. Working closely with the Management team, in the case of extreme emergencies such as fire, major water leaks, etc., the Residential Manager is the first contact and required to alert management immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Inspection and Security
- Inspect the property including the hallway, stairwells, laundry room/machines, and the underground garage daily and nightly to ensure that all entrances are secure and that there are no uninvited guests.
- Report all acts of vandalism and/or damage immediately to Management and to local police where appropriate.
Interior of the building
- Ensure that all common area hallways, corridors, entrances, exits, and stairway are vacuumed, clean, and free of any obstructions.
- Clean all common areas including windows, doors, locks and hinges, handrails, ledges, mailboxes, walls, ceiling, fire bells, fire extinguishers and painted surfaces as required.
- Dust and cleaning of light fixtures, hallway corners, stairwells, lobby furniture, baseboards, electric heaters, and any other items in the common areas of the building as required.
- Ensure all work performed on site, outside of the scope of work by the Residential Manager i.e., professional plumber, electrician, etc. have a work record number from Management before work can commence.
- Ensure all parking areas, driveways, roadways, and walkways within the property to be washed and hosed regularly and as required.
Sweep and wash exterior stairwell corridors and floors, once weekly or as required.
- Ensure the removal of all garbage by the contracted waste removal company, maintaining the garbage bin areas in a clean and sanitary condition and ensuring that the containers are in their proper locations.
- Keep up-to-date records of all cars, trucks, bicycles, and motorcycles etc. parked on the property and ensure all vehicles have insurance.
- Ensure the boiler room is always kept clean and tidy and is not to be used for any kind of storage area.
- Arrange and schedule the necessary maintenance work for the mechanical and boiler rooms.
Interior of all Suites
- Ensure all suites upon a tenant moving out are prepared to show for renting immediately.
- Ensure all vacant suites are always kept clean, vacuumed, and dusted, ready to be rented.
- Upon a tenant(s) vacating the suite, ensure that the tenant has completed their rental move out responsibilities including professionally clean carpet, washed and waxed the floors, dry-clean of all drapes, clean the fridge, stove, etc. and in general, leaving the suite clean and in good physical condition.
Exterior of the Building
- Maintain cleanliness and neatness around all common areas.
Pick up litter and sweep and/or hose stairwells, sidewalks, courtyard, and checking floor drains for debris daily.
- Ensure exterior light fixtures are working properly and change any burnt-out light bulbs.
- Rake grass and garden area as required.
- When required, ensure snow removal from walkways and driveways in a timely fashion and salt shall be applied when conditions warrant.
- Show and rent vacant suites and carefully screening potential tenants.
- Ensure a rental agreement and application form shall be signed by all tenants prior to taking occupancy.
- Inspect suites before and after occupancy of each tenant; condition reports must also be filled out at this time.
- Ensure all vacating tenants sign a Vacating Tenancy that lists the duties of the vacating tenant by the 15th of the month prior to their moving-out.
- Complete condition reports for all tenants upon move-in and move-out.
- Make accurate notes of all deficiencies on the condition reports, i.e., detailed reporting of carpet stains, damage to drywall, and broken doors, etc.
Rent Collections and Deposits
- Collect all rent money on the first day of the month.
- Make rent deposit
- Ensure a termination notice is delivered for failure to pay rent; must be served on the 2nd day of the month to any tenant who has not paid in full.
- Complete and process all residential Tenancy Act Notices as required.
- Ensure that all processed notices are followed through, i.e., Eviction notices.
- Deliver any notices as required by the stipulations in the Residential Tenancy Act or Management’s instructions.
- Attend all arbitration hearing notices at the specified Residential Tenancy Branch.
- File all notices at the Residential Tenancy Branch.
- Ensure all notices are to be duplicated and filed properly in the tenants file on the building site.
Experience & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of residential management and/or property administration experience.
- Must be familiar with the Residential Tenancy Act of Alberta and procedures.
- Ability to use initiative and self-managing skills to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all management and develop/sustain cooperative working relationships with tenants, staff, vendors, and external contacts.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written; ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com