The Residential Leasing Specialist works closely with the Property Management team and is accountable for the leasing process from marketing and initial inquiry through onboarding of new residents, while proactively monitoring vacancies and rents to achieve leasing targets. This position will execute strategic marketing plans for all residential projects and communities, and work with the senior management team on overall Company brand management and positioning.
As an ambassador for the Company, this position requires the incumbent to build strong relationships and deliver excellent service to maintain resident satisfaction.
- Maintain a broad understanding of rental markets affecting each asset.
- Creation & maintenance of stacking plans for each asset.
- Work closely with the Property Management team advertising, showing, and leasing vacant suites to prospective residents.
- Collection and screening of tenancy applications and supporting documentation.
- Prepare and process rental applications, conduct relevant background and reference checks.
- Execution of tenancy agreements and supporting lease documentation with new tenants.
- Qualify prospective residents to determine their needs & suitability as renters.
- Lease negotiation with new tenants.
- Lease review and preparation of lease agreement.
- Document Administration including leases and renewal agreements.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly vacancy reports for all assets.
- Maintain a broad understanding of rental advertising platforms and manage existing campaigns/platforms. Facilitate the implementation of new rental campaigns/platforms.
- Assist with creating various promotional materials such as information sheets, brochures, suite summaries, etc.
- Conduct residential market surveys.
- Follow up with new & existing residents to ensure their overall satisfaction and to identify future needs.
- Project Lead – tenancy management software implementation.
- Provide creative input/implement tenant engagement initiatives.
- Analyze vacancy/turnover/occupancy metrics, identify & create strategies to improve retention & traffic.
- Provide input during the annual budget season – revenue and vacancy projections (projected rent increases, increase on turnover & vacancy loss).
- Assist in the creation & execution of lease-up strategies for purpose-built residential developments.
- Conduct a project review following each project’s close/lease-up completion. Analyze collected data, successes, and challenges to continually improve future projects.
- Foster a professional relationship with all tenants, contractors, and team members.
- Various other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- University degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- 2+ years of leasing, marketing and/or property management experience.
- Must have a car, a valid driver’s license, and be flexible to take appointments to show prospective tenants’ the vacant suites.
- Able to work outside regular business hours as required.
- Working knowledge of or willing to learn the Residential Tenancy Act.
- Ability to use initiative and self-managing skills to work independently with minimal direction and respond effectively to issues that arise.
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Familiar and comfortable working with leases and legal documentation.
- Have an affinity towards numbers and a general understanding of financial documents.
- Understand lease elements to ensure accurate information is received, processed, and maintained.
- Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail and quality control.
- Be able to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Be able to work independently and take full ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the business and develop/sustain cooperative working relationships with internal staff, vendors, and external contacts.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written; ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Ability to allocate time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to handle multiple demands, competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; analytical and detail oriented. Keen focus on producing accurate and high caliber work.
- Advanced proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org