The Property Manager is responsible for an office and retail mixed-use portfolio in Metro Vancouver and is accountable for the management of the properties and people, including building operations and administration, tenant relations, tenant improvements, and budget/financial management and reporting. This includes proactive site management of assigned properties while providing exceptional customer service and fostering positive long-lasting tenant relationships.
Role & Responsibilities
- Property management duties such as rent collection, responding to tenant enquiries, tenant account reconciliations, accounts receivable administration, lease administration, tenant coordination, invoice approvals, rent roll maintenance and marketing of a portfolio of properties as assigned and amended from time to time.
- Meet with commercial tenants on a regular basis and inspect buildings’ interiors and exteriors. Provide a high standard of tenant relations and retention by ensuring problems are rectified in a prompt, effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Proactively communicate with tenants regarding property management issues, construction, and events within the neighbourhoods where the properties are located.
- Ensure all Property Management policies and procedures are followed and adhered to in each of the properties.
- Develop appropriate operating procedures for buildings ensuring regulatory requirements are maintained.
- Follow up on monthly building inspections to ensure all items identified are addressed in a timely manner.
- Develop, administer and annual budget preparation for assigned properties.
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual financial results and provide variance commentary where appropriate.
- Ensures budgets and schedules are in place and oversees the progress of building upgrades, major projects, and tenant improvements within the portfolio.
- Tender, select and manage all service contracts.
- Ensure that that corporate governance, environmental, health & safety policies, and procedures are compliant.
- Review all invoices monthly and approves payments as necessary.
- Provide leadership to operations team, lead by example, demonstrate passion and motivation, and guide and direct staff to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure staff receive clear direction, supervision and motivation, and are provided with training, tools and technology required to do their job.
- Guide staff growth and development by providing effective mentorship, coaching and career planning.
- Oversee outside contractors and construction and maintenance staff.
Skills and Requirements
- Post secondary education in Real Estate or a CPM or RPA designation is an asset.
- A minimum 4 years of related commercial property management experience.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written; able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with senior management, contractors, tenants, and stakeholders; able to motivate, empower, and coach colleagues in achieving goals.
- Knowledge of operational procedures, general maintenance, construction, contract negotiation, accounting, Yardi, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong customer experience orientation
- Positive and pro-active attitude with strong team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon timeframes.
- A self-starter, self-motivated, hands-on mentality with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, detail oriented with exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- A dedication to providing exceptional service, every day.
- The ability to perform with exceptional integrity, always striving to do the right thing and help.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com