The Marketing and Leasing Director is responsible for maximizing occupancy through all aspects of the lead generation and lead conversion process, by managing both the marketing and leasing teams and creating a strong working relationship with corporate and field operations. Develops marketing and leasing strategy by; tracking supply and demand; identifying customers and their current and future needs; and monitoring the competition.
Responsible for reporting and liaison with asset owners around marketing and leasing metrics, issues, and concerns.
Main Responsibilities and Activities:
- Develop strategy for lead generation to minimize vacancy in residential rental properties.
- Partner with commercial operations and leasing to support broker strategy to minimize vacancy in retail, industrial and office portfolio.
- Manage team of marketing manager and coordinators to execute plans.
- On-going training and development of team to meet business and growth objectives.
- Liaise with and manage marketing vendors in areas of brand, lead generation, reporting and advertising.
- Champion change and innovation using technology and process development.
- Oversee marketing campaigns and channels such as website, social accounts, on and offline advertising, SEO, and direct and email marketing.
- Ensure compliance with all privacy and customer service standards.
- Develop strategy and implementation plans geared to resident retention efforts such as customer satisfaction programs and measurement as well as resident portal usage and enhancements.
- Manage budgets and results, developing enhanced reporting for internal and third-party client requirements.
- Develop process and strategy around competitive intelligence.
- Oversee brand execution across all internal and external channels.
- Develop and define processes and strategy to efficiently lease to full occupancy across the portfolio of assets including potential new site lease-ups.
- Create essential link between leasing and operations activities.
- Manage team of leasing specialists and manager conducting sales activities within the residential buildings.
- Responsible for training and development programs for leasing team and operations employees that are integral to the leasing process.
- Development of tools and process to measure success of leasing team and activities
- Encourage and promote the adoption of resident self-service and online leasing processes.
- Regularly visit leasing sites and understand product characteristics.
- Assist commercial team leasing activities where required.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate data, metrics and reporting on leasing activities throughout the sales process.
- Regularly report to asset owners on goals, progress, and issues
- Maintain expertise in regulatory issues around leasing and implications for process, training, and documentation.
- University Degree, Business/Marketing or related field
- 7-10 years related experience
- Residential property management or real estate experience, preferred.
Skills and abilities
- Actively supports our values of: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Trust
- Experience managing and mentoring high performing teams.
- Strong customer service orientation for both clients and rental prospects
- Experience utilizing technology (marketing automation, email platforms, reputation management etc.) to meet marketing and sales goals.
- Knowledge of digital marketing and sales techniques and strategies
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Regular travel across Ontario on a regular basis
- A valid driver’s license required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org