Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, Residential, this position requires a motivated team player that can work independently to assist in the dedicated maintenance of properties within their portfolio to achieve a high level of tenant service and satisfaction.
With as many as 4-6 in-suite service requests per day, workers must be prepared to respond to any of a variety of maintenance needs, often with very little advance notice and with a selective degree of urgency. The following skills and responsibilities are critical to the position.
- Plumbing – includes the repair, replacement or installation of faucets, pipes, toilets, garbage disposals, dishwashers, water-dispensing refrigerators, and washing machines.
- Electrical – includes the repair, replacement or installation of power switches, fuses, wall sockets, ceiling lights, ceiling fans, climate control systems, and garage doors openers.
- Drywall repair – includes filling in small holes caused by nails and minor dings from normal wear and tear most performed between the time a tenant vacates a unit and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Painting – includes minor touch-ups following damage repair and new coats of paint applied to unit walls between the time a tenant vacates a unit, and a new renter assumes occupancy.
- Appliance repair – includes the repair, replacement, or installation of major household appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, range ovens, washers and dryers, hot water tanks, and air conditioners.
- Grounds-keeping – includes mowing grass, pulling weeds, trimming, and pruning trees and shrubs, watering lawns and plants, replacing light bulbs along pathways and parking areas, sweeping, or raking leaves, and tidying up bark or other ground covering.
- Snow removal – includes shoveling, blowing, or plowing snow away from covered walkways and driveways, and laying down rock salt atop icy surfaces to prevent slipping.
- Customer service – includes professional, prompt, and courteous correspondence with renters when scheduling and providing maintenance services, and with contracted vendors that provide additional facility services.
- Time management – includes maintaining an organized scheduling and tracking system, using a computer to effectively complete all maintenance requests in a timely manner and in the order by which they were received or by level of urgency.
Experience & Qualifications
- High School Diploma or the equivalent, with a strong working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and general mechanics. Trade certification preferred.
- Previous construction and/or maintenance experience an asset with 3-5 years of experience in a maintenance related position required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be punctual and reliable
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to follow direction and problem solve
- Be respectful towards tenants, building managers and management etc.
- A strong work ethic, and strives for excellence
- Criminal record check will be done on the selected candidate
- Valid BC driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract required
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com