The Manager, HR is a leader in supporting the organization’s success through people-oriented programs, initiatives, and services. This position will seek out and implement best practices to set and achieve the company’s goals including recruitment, training, retention, benefits, and employee programs. This position is responsible to support 250+ employees and is located at our head office in Vancouver.
- Maintain a pipeline of candidates through sourcing strategy implementation; conduct and/or oversee recruitment related activities, including interviewing, advertising (job postings), recruitment fairs, social media advertising (coordinated with Marketing) and other innovative recruitment strategies; design and facilitate onboarding/orientation programs for new employees.
- Serve an expert facilitator of the selection and interviewing process.
- Make staffing decisions to manage the talent and candidate pipeline.
- Develop staffing strategy (in collaboration with hiring manager) relating to hiring practices; consult with hiring manager on compensation, benefits, etc.
- Monitor sourcing, vendors, and outcomes of staffing process.
- Analyze/monitor key people metrics and develop action plans to improve talent development and retention.
- Intervene and guide managers in conflict situations, ensure problem resolution and propose proactive approaches.
- Work closely with senior management and employees to improve work relationships, create employee engagement, build morale, and support organizational wide change management efforts and initiatives.
- Create and implement total compensation packages/offers, recognition and incentive programs.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and assesses needs and trends; recommend benefit programs to executive leadership.
- Manage benefit changes and implement employee communication.
- Oversee administration of the benefit plan including leave management.
- Manage compensation practices within the teams: bonuses, promotions, and annual salary review.
Employee Relations & Performance Management
- Ensure job descriptions and job expectations are in place for all roles; ensures that performance appraisals are completed annually for all employees; train managers to coach employees.
- Manage termination process, including coordination of termination paperwork, notification to payroll regarding final cheques and payout of accrued and unused vacation time.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and provincial requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records and auditing the organization to ensure compliance.
- Maintain management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource processes, policies, and procedures; maintains historical human resource records by using a paperless filing system within the HRIS system.
- Ensure WorkSafe compliance within the office, lead the JH&S Committee and annual training.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree and CPHR designation.
- Experience: Minimum of 5-7 years progressive human resources experience in a fast-paced environment. Experience in property management or construction would be considered an asset.
- Extensive knowledge of Employment Law, Human Rights, Common Law, and Worker’s Compensation.
- Knowledge of US Employment Law would be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, combined with the ability to influence in order to build trusted relationships within the team and throughout the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity, objectivity, confidentiality, good judgment, leadership, and professionalism.
- Takes initiative to identify where changes are needed and effectively implement.
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively both verbally, and in writing.
- Active listener who projects a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to provide training and present information to both large and small groups.
- Excellent organization, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Computer Skills: Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org