Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, this role is responsible for day-to-day HR and benefits administration, including recruiting and policy implementation. The ideal candidate has strong administrative skills, is organized, with an eye for detail, strong communication skills and good knowledge of HR principals.
- Responsible for the administration associated with employee transactions such as:
- preparing draft job descriptions,
- posting jobs,
- initiating background and reference checks,
- enrolling new employees into the benefits and RRSP program, and managing employee updates/changes,
- administering leaves of absence, including Maternity Leaves,
- entering accurate new hire details into the HRIS, and
- submitting onboarding/offboarding processes.
- Coordinate with new employees and hiring managers to ensure a smooth onboarding process and positive employee experience.
- Maintain employee electronic and hardcopy files, ensure ongoing filing and organization of documentation.
- Take a continuous improvement perspective on routine and non-routine tasks; look for more efficient ways to accomplish the work.
- Provide support to ongoing and new HR projects/initiatives as needed.
- Assist in preparing employment contracts.
- Assist in the recruitment process by posting jobs, reviewing applications, doing phone screens, and setting up interviews.
- Ensure that a safe and secure working environment is maintained and up to WorkSafe standards.
- Take the lead on the OH&S Committee to ensure compliance.
- Prepare and/or proof documents, letters, employee communications and internal announcements.
- Provide support for and participate in the delivery of company/team events as needed.
- Provide backup or coverage as needed.
- Various other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- University degree or diploma in HR Management or relevant field.
- 1-2 years of administration and/or related HR experience. Working towards a CPHR designation would be an asset.
- Good knowledge of the Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, WorkSafe and Privacy legislation.
- Experience with HRIS/ATS/Payroll Systems an asset.
- Is adaptable, detail oriented and organized.
- Has high integrity with the ability to deal with confidential, sensitive information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Advanced proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Able to effectively collaborate with all levels of the business and develop/sustain cooperative working relationships with internal staff, vendors, and external contacts.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Keen focus on producing accurate and high caliber work.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org