Our client company is currently looking for an experienced Site Superintendent with experience in high rise concrete building construction to oversee an innovative condo development in Lower Mainland BC.
Reporting to the VP, Development & Construction, this position is responsible for overseeing the entire construction site, construction team and trades/suppliers, this individual manages the flow of the project from breaking ground to completion.
The Site Superintendent exhibits their authority, while complying with city regulations and bylaws, to ensure that projects are completed by deadline and on budget.
As a superintendent, it is essential to have extensive experience on projects valued $30M and above, along with a proven track record working successfully with local-area subcontractors.
- Supervise all aspects of the project during construction, including site work, safety, planning and execution.
- Mentor and train site staff on the policies, procedures, systems and technical construction means and methods.
- Manage the workload of the construction teams to achieve the desired results.
- Maintains the construction documents at the job site so that all pertinent information is readily available.
- Prepare progress reports for Project Manager.
- Ensure on delivering the project on-time and on-budget.
- Solve, anticipate and prevent problems.
- Conduct professional and ethical representation to customers, contractors, and employees.
- Schedule all work and material supply with preparation of two-week forecast schedule for subcontractors/suppliers.
- Accept material and approve completed work.
- Issuance of purchase orders and ensure matched waybills prior to submitting.
- Develop a good working relationship with all suppliers and subcontractors.
- Chair site trade meeting and attend safety meetings.
- Meet with trades to arrange deficiency repairs, make changes/corrections as required.
- Coordinate with all City and Regional inspectors and consultants for all inspections.
- Consult with engineers, architects, and the owners on design problems and change orders after reviewing with Project Manager.
- Complete inspections, quality control checklists, and daily reports
- Work in tandem with Safety Manager
- Chair and conduct safety meetings and maintain safety-meeting minutes.
- Maintain proper safety related documentations, programs and initiatives.
- Ensure construction personnel adherence to all required personal protective equipment (PPE).
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or related field is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in construction. Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience with high-rise construction and multi-family construction.
- General WorkSafe Site-Safety and First Aid certifications are a plus.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods
- Strong understanding of the construction trades and high-rise construction projects
- Sound knowledge in reviewing and analyzing all architectural, structural, and MEP drawings.
- Attention to detail and documentation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and within a team environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information.
- Ability to work well within timelines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Build strong relationships with diverse internal and external groups and work effectively and creatively in a collaborative manner.
- Able to work independently and make quick decisions using sound judgment.
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
- Knowledge of PC and a strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bluebeam experience. Construction-business software experience including scheduling, estimating and spreadsheets preferred.
Position requires the Superintendent to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs/ladders and in/around construction site. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain, snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust, dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry up to 100 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is necessary.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org