The Director, Leasing will assume responsibility for the overall leasing strategy and activities for assigned properties in Quebec to meet and exceed established targets and objectives. In addition, the Director, Leasing will monitor market activity and advise on potential business opportunities.
- Lease both vacant space and renewals in the assigned Quebec Portfolio, with a focus on key tenants in the portfolio
- Prepare new and renewal proposals, negotiate all Offers and Leases, all in conjunction with the lease administration department and external legal counsel
- Maintain a complete, ongoing understanding of the retail real estate market with emphasis on current regional lease rates, occupancy, and future trends
- Gather and analyze market data to ensure that decisions can be made in a timely and confident manner – strong focus on financial deal reviews.
- Prepare recommendations for senior management and/or asset management approval regarding lease transactions
- Attend meetings, take notes, distribute agenda and minutes as appropriate
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports and set annual leasing budget plans
- Ensure marketing activities are maintained and coordinated
- Manage the team’s Leasing Representative, which includes providing coaching and guidance on a day-to-day basis.
- Strong focus on building strong relationships with the brokerage community, existing tenants, municipal employees and others
- Education – University Graduate preferably in Business or Real Estate
- Experience – Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of retail real estate. Extensive knowledge and proficiency in the areas of leasing, contracts and financial analysis are essential.
- Must be bilingual with English and French
- Quebec Real Estate License
- Relationship Skills – Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; ability to work closely with, develop and sustain strong cooperative working relationships with the brokerage community
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org