Our Company Client is a developer/builder specializing in the non-market housing sector. Providing turn key project management and design-build services on a fee for service basis. Our client accesses support and funding for non-profit organizations through all levels of Government and Crown funding agencies. Working with existing housing providers and groups seeking to enter the sector, such as churches, legions, or other service organizations.
Over the past twelve years, our client has delivered innovative housing solutions to a broad range of clients in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island. Over 3,000 units are completed or in progress for affordable rental and ownership, seniors, and healthcare and have achieved a prominent position in the non-market space. Through these efforts they offer a significant way to give back to community, delivering maximum value for their clients, partners, and people who rely on their homes.
The company is seeking an experienced and dedicated Development Manager to join their team. The ideal candidate is a highly organized individual who is an effective communicator, a creative problem solver and someone who thrives in a collaborative team environment.
Our client offers ample opportunities for growth and development, a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive health benefits program and an on-site gym/wellness centre.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking for experience in the rewarding field of social-purpose housing development and with one of BC’s most respected and proven developers.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Development, the Development Manager (DM) will be responsible for a diverse portfolio of projects from inception through to completion.
The DM will work with in-house and external construction personnel to effectively drive the development of projects in a manner that meets the Clients standards for quality and customer satisfaction.
The duties of the Development Manager may include but are not limited to:
- Create and manage the full scope of the Development program, from unit mix to amenities;
- Work effectively with municipal counterparts to manage the approval process and secure all approvals;
- Lead and manage a variety of consultants on the Project Development team;
- Prepare and maintain detailed project proformas and cash flows through the Development cycle;
- Routinely communicate accounting and financial information to Finance and the Senior Management Team;
- Create and monitor amendments to all project-related legal documents;
- Represent the Company and the project to external communities and the general public;
- Be the point of contact and connect all internal departments involved through the Development process to manage projects to completion;
- Liaise with key external stakeholders throughout the project schedule and facilitate communication between various teams;
- Work collaboratively with internal colleagues across departments
- Provide guidance and mentorship to Development Coordinators
- As required, assist in job closeout and warranty issues;
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, Business, Urban Land Economics or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Development Manager;
- Architectural background an asset;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office, specifically MS Project & Excel
- Experience working within local government an asset;
- Strong management, mentoring, delegation, planning and leadership skills;
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities;
- Strong communication, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills;
- Superior public relations skills with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers;
- Results-oriented with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines;
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract;
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills;
- Demonstrated reputation for acting with a high level of integrity at all times;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including labourers, technical, professional, and upper management;
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Demonstrated ability to exercise necessary cost control measures;
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines;
- Experience working with non-profits and funding agencies is an asset
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com