This is an exciting role with the opportunity to manage multiple projects and have responsibility for ensuring the development process is successful. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to contribute to and shape the sales and marketing strategies and the construction process.
Our client company has several complex mixed-use projects currently in the development process and additional sites in forthcoming years. The successful candidate will be exposed to the full lifecycle of a real estate project and have opportunities to grow their knowledge and skills. Reports directly to the Director, Development.
- Undertake due diligence and analysis on new development sites.
- Prepare initial pro formas to help in the assessment of development options and make recommendations on project feasibility.
- Support the Director, Development in building a project team by identifying appropriate consultants and managing the proposals and bids.
- Manage the schematic design and design development stages to obtain the necessary permits.
- Work with in-house construction colleagues to manage the working drawing process and successfully obtain building permits.
- Conduct and oversee all market research to ensure success of product in the market
- Develop and update detailed project schedules and work with the project team to ensure key milestones are met.
- Lead the formation of a project budget and once signed off, monitor on a regular basis to ensure the feasibility of the project is maintained.
- Build and develop relationships with Municipal partners and other external groups.
- Various other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- 5+ years of appropriate real estate experience, ideally focused on urban mixed-use projects.
- Demonstrated success on delivering development projects from site acquisition through to completion.
- Strong knowledge of all the development stages in a real estate project and how this works alongside the sales/marketing and construction processes.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills with experience of collaborating in a team environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org