Our client company is looking for a dynamic individual with an eye for detail and high service level standards to join the construction team. This position is responsible to assist the construction department to build homes on schedule and of the highest possible quality. This position is the point person to valued customers and homeowners and will provide the highest quality customer care in pre-occupancy and after occupancy of their units. There are integral administrative duties within the construction department that are required to maintain efficiency and be on schedule and on budget.
- Provide superior customer service during Pre-Delivery Inspection (“PDI”)
- Process and handle customer requests/inquiries and claims from homeowners, Strata corporations and Property Managers
- Assist in completing repairs and/or touch-ups to units at PDI and on-going customer warranty work.
- Provide customer care work painting, caulking, drywall, etc.
- Arrange meetings with owners for PDI and walk-through appointments.
- Coordinate and help resolve in-suite and common area deficiency items for new buildings.
- Coordinate and meet with trades to arrange deficiency repairs, make changes/corrections, etc. as required.
- Coordinate with homeowners and trades to ensure requested work is completed as per specifications.
- Arrange meetings with homeowners at their convenience bearing in mind that the hours of work may vary and extending to some p.m. hours as required.
- Record and monitor service requests information and forward to the appropriate person for implementation.
- Follow up and monitor progress of individual requested items/claims by homeowner to ensure completion of these.
- Maintain a filing system for control of all customer lists, warranty calls, quality control lists, correspondence, and work orders by homeowners per project.
- Follow up with warranty managers and representatives to confirm warranty action or customer contracts.
- Keep a detailed telephone log of all warranty calls and customer details/calls.
- Coordinate repairs with homeowners, staff and/or trades person(s).
- Conduct professional and ethical representation to customers and employees.
- Ensure the highest quality in the company’s product and act as the quality control in new construction projects.
- Call, arrange and schedule trades people to correct deficiencies.
- Assist in completing Strata audits.
- Must have valid driver’s license, as it is required to drive from project-to-project.
- Perform other customer care/construction department duties as may be directed by the Customer Care Manager, VP of Construction and Development and Senior Management.
- High School Diploma with a degree or diploma with an industry related focus
- 4+ years in customer service in a similar industry
- Valid Driver’s License; must be able to provide a clean driver’s abstract
- Previous construction and/or customer service, or project management experience an asset
- Customer service focused with a talent for problem solving
- Must be punctual and reliable with a strong work ethic
- Proven effective communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to work independently and make quick decisions using sound judgment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must have a strong attention for detail and be very organized
- Self-motivated and adaptable with a strong willingness to learn and be challenged
- Computer Skills: Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org