Our client Company is seeking a (Construction) Project Manager, Capital expected to oversee and manage, as assigned, multi-faceted projects across Canada.
This position is responsible for the end-to end delivery of project /program objectives, ensure quality and process improvements, deliverable timelines, and value-added service are met.
• Work closely with the Operations team to coordinate an organized, least disruptive impact of projects to residents.
• Define scope of work, project budgets and obtain required approval documentation.
• Actively manage all assigned projects to ensure delivered on schedule, within budget and to required quality specifications.
• Responsible for sourcing, negotiating and hiring all consultants and contractors.
• Plan, direct, co-ordinate and execute all aspects of assigned projects.
• Ensure the cost-effective management of all processes related to the projects.
• Manage internal and external resources to achieve project objectives.
• Maintain compliance of departmental operating processes & procedures
• Perform regular documented reviews and issue updates to project stakeholders.
• Investigate damage, accidents or delays at project sites and take corrective action as required.
• Prepare project approval recommendations, in accordance with delegation of authority.
• Liaise with City officials and other stakeholders (buildings inspectors, property standards, insurance) as required.
• Work closely with the Senior Project Manager, Capital to recommend execution strategy for upcoming capital projects.
• Provide reporting as required for cash flow, budget/project variance analysis, etc., to various internal and external stakeholders.
• Update project tracking sheets as required.
• Annual development of project capital and operating budgets for assigned portfolio.
• Assess all aspects of infrastructure planning and apply appropriate prioritization to required work.
• Continuously improve/cost reduction initiatives
• Liaise with Operations team to ensure technical issues are resolved appropriately and in a timely fashion.
• Participate in Acquisition due diligence, including preparation of a capital plan and coordinating third party reports, as needed.
Education and Experience:
• Post-secondary education in Business, Engineering, Project Management, Architecture, Interior Design, Construction Management, or a related discipline
• 3-5 years project management experience is required.
• Minimum 1 years’ experience in managing multi-residential or commercial projects is an asset.
• Proven track record in building and maintaining effective working relationships and credibility with both internal and external parties.
• Bilingual in French and English
• Flexibility to travel within an assigned region (up to 30-40%)
• Excellent communication is required. Ability to speak other languages is considered an asset.
• Actively championing diversity and inclusion.
• Superior organizational and time management skills in order to multi-task/prioritize and work under tight timelines and meet multiple deadlines.
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to provide valuable input to the corporate direction.
• Capability to utilize internal and external resources to achieve set objectives and/or complete projects.
• A professional demeanor, coupled with strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• A demonstrated high degree of integrity, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality
• Ability to accurately listen, understand and respond appropriately.
• Ability to work and act independently using good judgment when assessing difficult situations.
• Ability to remain calm and focused in high pressure situations.
• Self-motivated individual who is proactive, takes initiative, goal and results oriented.
• Flexible with a “can-do” and “no task is too big or too small” attitude.
• Excellent problem-solving capabilities
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com