POSITION: Construction Administrator
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC
Currently, our client needs a Construction Administrator to join our team at our Vancouver Office. Our client offers ample opportunities for growth and development, a competitive compensation package, a comprehensive health benefits program, and an on-site gym/wellness center. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to work with one of BC’s most respected and proven residential and mixed-use developers. Reporting to the Director of Construction, the Construction Administrator will work closely with our client to provide administrative support for various projects.
- Provide administrative support to the Construction department
- Organize and maintain file system, file correspondence, and other records, and provide backup support
- Assists in the organization, preparations, input, review, and analysis of project records.
- Gathers and enters data on excel spreadsheets and site max
- Assist other contractors with the evaluation of all contract documents and preparing reports for any deficiencies in the project
- Document all construction activities and evaluate the progress of construction projects.
- Assist the construction department to prepare forms such as change orders, purchase orders, service agreements, and subcontracts
- Input change orders and manage change log
- Coordinate and liaise between Clients, Contractors, and other agencies as needed
- Draft contracts, change orders, and purchase orders for projects.
- Assist with project invoicing if needed.
- Cost coding based on project breakdowns
- Develop schedule and cost models for projects
- Record management, storage, organization, and tracking of construction administration documentation including released drawings, sketches, RFI, SSI, and shop drawing logs.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree or diploma, preferably in construction or building technology engineering is an asset
- 2-3 years of previous work experience as a Construction Administrator or similar role
- A proficient understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques.
- Strong management, delegation, planning, and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of local, provincial, and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances, and legislation.
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team-building abilities.
- Strong communication, leadership, integration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work safely in a construction environment.
- Superior leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Understanding the fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract.
- Demonstrated success in project delivery and execution of project management methods.
- Highly effective negotiation, diplomatic, and conflict resolutions skills.
- Able to effectively communicate with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders
If you don’t meet all the requirements listed, we still encourage you to apply, our client is still eager to meet individuals who are aligned with their core values and can contribute in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. Our client is all about the Team, and they take pride in providing a work environment where people grow, evolve, and feel appreciated.
The successful candidate will be required to provide official documentation confirming receipt of two (2) doses of a COVID-19 vaccine, as recognized for use in Canada, prior to starting employment. Continued employment will be conditional on receiving, and providing confirmation of, any additional “booster” vaccine doses, as recommended by the Ministry of Health & Provincial Health Officer. Exceptions based on medical, religious, or other valid grounds will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com