This is a newly established role that will report to the Director, Operations Accounting, and work closely with the accounting department. The successful candidate will manage and oversee a team of two accounts payable staff and ensure the data integrity of payments entered into Yardi. The successful candidate will work closely across various internal departments, plan resource requirements and identify capacity constraints, and provide suggestions for process improvements to streamline the payable process.
This full-time salaried position works 8:30 am – 5:00 pm in the office, Monday through Friday and is in downtown Vancouver.
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, procedures, and policies within the accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Ensure current processes allow for timely payment of vendor invoices, and in line with company policies. Ensuring details are accurately entered into the accounting system.
- Provides accounts payable assistance to various departments to confirm accuracy of coding
- Ensure pre-authorized debit transactions are posted timely and accurately into Yardi
- Ongoing maintenance of new and existing vendor information
- Oversee and/or prepare various reconciliations including credit card, commissions, contracts and chargebacks, documenting and looking into any discrepancies
- Ensure queries from vendors and other user groups are responded to in a timely manner
- Monitor invoice reports and accounts payable aging report to ensure invoices are processed and cleared in a timely manner
- Ensure spending is being reviewed against budgets, raising variance enquiries as needed
- Ensure transactions are continually moving throughout the approval workflows to ensure payment timelines are met, and reporting cut-off times are adhered to
- Oversee the coordination of signing of cheques, cheque printing, and distribution
- Provide training to accounts payable staff, and other employees who are involved in the payable process
- Assist with the monthly closing process
- Other projects, duties and tasks as assigned
- Experience: 5 years minimum experience of related accounting or accounts payable background, with experience in a supervisory capacity
- Detail oriented, high accuracy, and strong organizational skills
- Strong supervisory skills, and great initiative taking
- Strong analytical and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and cut-offs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with Yardi and a background in real estate will be considered an asset
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org