Works closely with the Accounting Group and reports to the Operations Controller, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the accurate and timely processing of invoices.
- Accounts Payable; review and process high-volume vendor invoices for accuracy, documentation, authorization while ensuring in adherence with company policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements.
- Prepare various reconciliations including credit card, commissions, contracts, and chargebacks on a regular basis documenting and looking into any discrepancies.
- Prepare and perform bi-weekly cheque runs.
- Respond to queries from vendors and other user groups in a timely manner.
- Monitor AP aging report to ensure invoices are processed and cleared in a timely manner.
- Coordinate signing of cheques.
- Performing support function including filing, scanning and other ad-hoc requests.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all team members inside and outside of accounting at all levels within the organization.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in accounting.
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounts payable; experience with property accounting and Yardi an asset
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet tight timelines while managing multiple projects and priorities effectively.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org